Sunday 11 January 2015

Germany 2015 - Sensi Simon And His Brother - Fuck You, Altes Leben!


So the German wildcard contestants have been released, and ooh what a bundle! 1213 slices of mostly hopeless home recorded nonsense, and a few half-decent genre songs that will never stand a chance in getting on a family friendly sing-off show. The overall quality is far better than the Swiss thing, mind. But then you and me could probably form a band tomorow and make it into the Swiss shortlist.

So I've got a long hard slog in front of me in my quest to listen tomevery last bleeding song in this year's process. But I picked one totally at random to begin my Herculean task, and it was actually a cracker!

The Sensi and his bro chug out a very likeable brand of Balkan acoustic techno, and although both the video and the production may seem a little home-produced to begin with, stick with it, because it will soon get under your skin and have you dancing around the room and smashing up your furniture.

I have a sneaking suspicion it won't quite make the televised bit though. Can anyone see why that might be...?

Videos from YouTube. Underlying © lays with the owners of the clips

No comments:

Post a Comment